Chucks - Chucks in Concert
The following musicians have been known to
wear Chucks (black high-tops unless known and
noted otherwise) in concert:
- Alien Ant Farm
- Avril Lavigne
- Backyard Babies: black high-tops
- Blink 182: black low-tops, blue
low-tops, occasionally in One
- Clem Snide/Eef Barzelay
- Creedence Clearwater Revival: cover of "Willie and the Poor Boys"
- Cyndi Lauper: "Time After Time" music video
- Darren Hayes:
- Faith No More/Mike Bordin: "Ashes to Ashes" music video
- Fiona Apple: "Across the Universe" music video
- Garbage/Shirley Manson: pink
- Good Charlotte/Benji, Joel: black low-tops,
also monochrome black
- Graham Nash: tie-dye Chucks
- Green Day: "Green Day" Chucks (custom)
- Guided by Voices: "My Valuable Hunting Knife" music video (Stars and Bars)
- Guns 'n Roses: Axl Rose (custom high-tops)
- Guns 'n Roses: "Slash" (high-tops: black,
blue, or occasionally
- Hillsong United: "More Than
Life" (inside front cover of the liner notes... featuring a VERY obvious Chuck patch and
- Iggy Pop
- Incubus/Brandon Boyd:
- Kid Rock
- KISS/Ace Frehley
- Korn: historically;
nowadays, Chucks are now probably NOT allowed! (One of their recent tours
was sponsored by Pony.)
- Less than Jake/Roger
- Lifehouse/Jason Wade
- Linkin Park/Chester Bennington,
Dave "Phoenix" Farrell
- Lisa Carman: black high-tops; she used to have a pair of orange NEEHI she lost in a fire...
- Los Straitjackets
- Lost Prophets
- Michelle Branch:
- Michelle Shocked:
"Texas Campfire Takes"
- Mudhoney/Mark Arm
- Mudhoney/Steve Turner
- Ned's Atomic Dustbin/Alex Griffin: (light blue
- New Found Glory
- Nirvana/Krist Novoselic
- Nirvana/Kurt Cobain: Kurt was a real Converse fan while he was with us.
Not only did he wear Chucks, he also wore Jack Purcell
sneakers and reportedly died wearing One Star
- Pantera/Dimebag Darrell
- Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder
- Phantom Planet
- Puddle of Mudd
- Pure Rubbish: several colors of
- Queen/Freddie Mercury: Unbleached white
high-tops on the cover of "The Great Pretender"
- Relient K
- Rush/Geddy Lee
- Screeching Weasel
- Slipknot: black
- Simple Plan
- Snoop Dogg: (historically) yellow, blue. Pony
released his "Doggy
Biscuitz" shoes in December 2004
- The All-American Rejects:
black low-tops, black
high-tops, red low-tops
- The Ataris
- The Beatles/George Harrison
- The Cure
- The Get Up Kids
- The Mr. T Experience
- The Offspring
- The Ramones (black high-tops, white low-tops)
- The Strokes: "all different
colors, high-tops and low-tops"
- Bruce Springsteen
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones: plaids
- They Might Be Giants: on stage; also the "Birdhouse In Your Soul" music
- Eddie Van Halen: red high-tops
- "Weird Al" Yankovic: "I Love Rocky Road" music video
There is even a musical group named "Chuck Taylor and the All Stars."
Chuck wrote me, reporting that he recently got a "nasty note" from the Converse legal department... I
replied, "Why don't you change your name to Chuck Taylor and the Superstars?"
Back to Charlie's "Chuck" Page
Back to the top of Charlie's
18 April 2012 11:32
Wouldn't you just love to have a new pair?
Search for more shoes:
Click here to send E-mail to Charlie.
Charlie's Sneaker Pages
copyright 1995-2012 by Charles L. Perrin.
READERS PLEASE NOTE: Names of athletic shoe manufacturers, shoe styles, and
technologies may be trademarked by the manufacturers. Charlie's Sneaker Pages uses these names solely to describe the shoes with the same familiar
nomenclature used by the manufacturer and recognized by the reader.